Planning to launch a new website? Worried about which web development framework to grasp on? Well, creating a website involves a lot of maths. Choosing the right web development platform to launch the website in full swing, there are a lot of things involved to make a successful launch. Speaking of web development platforms, PHP is considered to be the most secure and reliable choice among developers. PHP ensures faster time to development, more secure, and easy-to-use platform making it everyone’s favorite.
However, you will get a lot of options in PHP frameworks. In this post, we will be guiding you with the top PHP frameworks that will make the web development process smoother and faster. Let’s begin with the details.
CodeIgnitor is a fast, reliable, and widely used PHP framework for building dynamic web applications. It comes with many built-in modules that allow the developers to create the components for making the whole web development process much easier. CodeIgnitor has earned the reputation of being the fastest PHP framework making it easy to create, update, and delete the coding statements without writing any raw SQL.
- Allow easy data transfers and tweaking.
- Seamless error handling.
- Includes data validation functionality.
- Extendable framework (allows the developers to create their own APIs, libraries, and packages).
Laravel is an open-source, intuitive, easy-to-use, and highly scalable PHP framework that is used to build B2B, advanced multifunctional, and enterprise-level web applications. It is a preferred choice of the developers due to its ability to handle complexities with unmatched security and speed. Another reason why its developers favorite is it helps in easing the common tasks like — authentication, routing, and queuing. The framework also comes with more than 20 built-in libraries that help in making web development projects a lot easier.
- Provides caching support that helps in creating high-performing backends.
- Have more detailed documentation
- Support automated and easy testing which automatically shortens the time to market.
- Comes with a simplified email integration system.
Another one on the list is CakePHP that is open-source and follows the MVC model making the web development process faster. It allows the developers to keep the app interface separate from the business logic, thereby allowing the developers to work on other parts of the apps simultaneously. CakePHP is known for building feature-rich and visually impressive web applications as it features custom templates that help in changing the overall look and feel of the app. Not just that, the framework also allows the developers to create their own components, libraries, extensions, and more to spend less time coding for apps with similar functionalities. This automatically helps in lowering the overall time and cost of app development.
- Secure PHP framework with XSS protection, CSRF protection, SQL injection, and more.
- Built-in testing features that help in enhancing the code quality.
- Helps in efficient database management with automating features.
- Built-in validation features that make the development less time-consuming.
Yii is a high-performing, open-source, component-based PHP framework that helps in creating large-scale web apps. It comes with several security features such as cross-site scripting prevention, cookie attack prevention, and more making it suitable for the development of big projects like — CMS forums, e-commerce stores, and more. Yii also provides several highly extensible tools that help in generating the code faster. It also provides elegant caching support that allows the developers to create highly optimized web applications.
- Comes with an amazing development and performance speed.
- Integration with AJAX and jQuery features.
- Provides efficient error handling and efficient logging systems.
- Features Gii which eases the process of rapid prototyping.
- A large community of developers to handle queries and problems.
Which Is The Best PHP Framework For Web Development?
You may find several PHP frameworks for web development, but remember each one of them has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. So, before you begin investing in any, make sure you analyze your business requirements. It is important to analyze what tasks need to be accomplished and then decide what expertise is required to fulfill the tasks.
We have listed our top 4 picks for PHP frameworks in 2021. All these features and excellent technical specifications are widely used for web development processes. So, analyze your requirements and find the best fit framework for your business.