5 DevOps Tools You Must Use In 2022
DevOps has been a game-changer in the world of technologies. The integration of this amazing technology has made the development of software development operations much easier and faster. Several companies are now going into the quick adoption of DevOps practices and this is why its popularity is rising at a steady rate. The stats show that almost 30–35% of the market share of the US market relies on the IT and Telecom sector. This automatically extends the need for DevOps technologies to enhance the overall productivity of the organization.
Now, to ease the development and collaboration process, there are several DevOps tools that are needed to boost the processes. Here is a list of a few popular ones, let’s find out the details.
A lightweight and popular DevOps tool that is well-known for speeding and easing up the different workflows. Using this tool, you can easily access the containers that help in the quick execution of apps in a remote environment. This wholesome package is what you need to run an app.
- Allows easy exploring of images from the authentic community and publishers.
- Manage, Execute, and Package deployed apps using the tool.
- Helps developers to test, create, and even collaborate.
- Comes in standardized packaging format for different apps.
- Has container runtime that efficiently runs on Linux Server and Windows Operating systems.
This masterpiece tool was founded by Google. Kubernetes is an open-source system that efficiently deals with containers at a large level with ease. The tool can also handle the containerized apps in logical units to allow easy scaling, management, and automating deployment.
- Easily scale without extending the ops team.
- Runs on many on-premises, hybrids, and public cloud hosting services.
- Scale web servers as per the ever-changing demand of the software apps.
- Degrades the online server instances during downtimes.
- The tool can be used for scaling both web and mobile apps.
- Perfectly syncs with Docker.
Ansible is made for collaboration and automation processes. Using this tool, developers can automate the testing, integration, development, and deployment processes. Not just that, the tool allows automation of IT processes and the whole app life cycle. Ansible comes with several modules that facilitate different apps and help in avoiding complexities at each phase.
- Simple, authentic, and stable for configuration handling.
- Lessens the risks because of the know-how of the IT infrastructure.
- Facilitates multi-tier app development
- Abstain from complexity and help in handling the systems
Another one on the list is Nagios which literally works as a watchdog for the whole system and infrastructure. Developers use this tool to offer and correct IT infrastructure-related issues. In short, it monitors the whole network, database, apps logs, and even protocols.
- Maintains the schedules and efficiently upgrades the infrastructure.
- Free to use, open-source.
- Assesses, monitors, and identifies vital network infrastructure.
- Automatically solves the issues.
- Simple log searching.
- Monitors network traffic, and bandwidth for optimizing usage.
- Assesses and handles the archives log data over infrastructure.
Jenkins is another hit that helps in deploying software on the core server, thus facilitating the whole process. This open-source automation server, tool allows the DevOps teams to access and integrate the project with ease. Written in Java, Jenkins is tailored to handle projects of all complexities and sizes. Not just that, there are hundreds of plug-ins and add-ons that are easily available on Jenkins.
- Easy tool to start with DevOps.
- Quick setup and configuration via the web interface.
- Ready-to-run Java-based programs compatible with Windows, OS X, Mac, and other UNIX operating systems.
- Constant delivery and integration.
- Packed with numerous interfaces in the form of web-based GUI, Rest API, and CLI.
These were our top 5 picks for DevOps tools. If you are planning to get started with the world of smart automation, then choose these tools to boost the whole process.
Searching for professional DevOps consulting services, drop us a message and our DevOps engineers will get back to you.